Sunday, January 8, 2012

A little about myself

My name is Elizabeth but I go by Libby for short.  I'm 23 years old, graduated from the University of Oregon in 2010 with a B.S. in history.  I have dreamt of becoming a high school teacher and even was admitted to WOU's MAT program, however, with the economy I decided to change my focus.  About six months ago I helped one of my close friends re-design a website for the company he works with.  I didn't know how to make a website at that time and strangely enough I was learning quickly.  It was fascinating to me that at first glance the website looked pretty basic, just your usual website you'd come across on google, but when I started working on it I was learning all about HTML code and the next thing you know when I completed the website it wasn't just a basic website anymore, it meant more than that to me. Since then I have designed websites for others and with referrals it became more of a business.  I never thought in my life that I would want to go into information technology but now I really can't imagine doing anything else...well...maybe become an entomologist since I absolutely love bugs, animals, and nature.  I'm excited to learn more about blogging, how it can benefit me, and what I can learn from others, but my main goal is to be a teacher someday.

1 comment:

  1. As educators at the university level in an economy where it is very challenging to find a teaching job, we are looking at options beyond the K-12 setting. A resulting observation is that teaching is a responsibility of everyone at all levels. Designing webpages is a great opportunity to use your teaching skills. You have an audience and you want to modify their attitudes or interest their knowledge. You're an educator outside the classroom.

    ReplyDelete